Man On The Moon

Welcome to the blog about a day in the life of a film student!

"And That's The Truth, Ruth!"

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Goodfellas Wins Out


In my American Cinema course, each term we have to choose a film to focus our writings and research on. Throughout the term we have to write a couple of essays on a particular film and the time period surrounding it. In the first term we had to choose a film that was made between 1920-1959 and in the second term pick a film from 1960-1990. In first term I did Rebel Without a Cause and over the last couple of weeks had to choose a film to study for this term. Since Martin Scorsese is one of my favorite filmmakers and I haven't had a chance to study his work yet, it was a natural decision to choose one of his films. But which one!! There were a few options but in the end went with Goodfellas because the gangster genre is my favorite one and figured I probably won't get a chance to focus on that genre ever again. So tonight I spent the night watching Goodfellas and really can't get over how amazing this movie is. From the beginning until end it had me captured and every time I see this movie I learn new things and pick up on things I haven't seen before. This was probably my fifth time seeing it and it still blows me away. What a great story.

0 comments:

 


Templates Novo Blogger 2008