Man On The Moon

Welcome to the blog about a day in the life of a film student!

"And That's The Truth, Ruth!"

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Private Eye Films

This year I've been taking a course entitled "Film Genres". Basically the entire year was split up into four units:

1. Silent Comedy
2. Screwball Comedy
3. Private Eye
4. Woody Allen

The reason I took this class is because last year one of the units was gangster films. This is my most favorite genre ever. On the first day when we got the syllabus and gangster film was not on there I nearly dropped the course. But, the Woody Allen unit caught my eye and I felt it would be worth it to suck it up with the other units and enjoy the Woody Allen unit. This was a big mistake. We currently just finished the "Private Eye" unit and we need to write an essay on three films from this genre. There is a problem with this. All those movies are boring as hell!!! My goal during reading week was to finish this essay to get it over with, but I can't even get through 20 minuts of one movie let alone three! Ahhh!!!

0 comments:

 


Templates Novo Blogger 2008