Man On The Moon

Welcome to the blog about a day in the life of a film student!

"And That's The Truth, Ruth!"

Friday, February 20, 2009

Some Great Movie Quotes

Here are some great quotes from some movies I love:

1."The only true currency in this bankrupt world... is what you share with someone else when you're uncool"
-Almost Famous

2. "Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should"
-Jurassic Park

3. "Marvin, you gotta play. See that's where they kiss for the first time on the dance floor. And if there's no music, they can't dance. If they can't dance, they can't kiss. If they can't kiss they can't fall in love, and I'm history"
-Back to the Future

4. "I said that I would see you because I had heard that you were a serious man. A man to be treated with respect but I must say no to you and I will give you my reasons. It's true, I have a lot of friends in politics. But they wouldn't be so friendly if they knew my business was drugs instead of gambling which they consider a harmless vice but drugs, that's a dirty business"
The Godfather

5. "There are many things my father taught me here in this room. He taught me: keep your friends close, but your enemies closer"
-The Godfather II

6. "Look, I'm not stupid. It's the Big Man's wife. I'm gonna sit across from her, chew my food with my mouth closed, laugh at her fucking jokes, and that's it. "
-Pulp Fiction

7. "What are ya thinkin' about? Ya keep lookin'. Where the fuck you going? You're dead! You're married! You're a married man, it's all over. Leave the young girls for me"
Raging Bull

8. "Some people say weird shit during sex. I once called this chick "mom" "
-Clerks

9. "There's an old joke - um... two elderly women are at a Catskill mountain resort, and one of 'em says, "Boy, the food at this place is really terrible." The other one says, "Yeah, I know; and such small portions." Well, that's essentially how I feel about life - full of loneliness, and misery, and suffering, and unhappiness, and it's all over much too quickly."
-Annie Hall

10. "Come on. Why don't you take a look around. You know what's about to happen, what they're up against. They could use a good pilot like you, you're turning your back on them." -Star Wars

11. "Anything? Well, uh I guess I, deep down, am feeling a little confused. I mean, suddenly, you get married, and you're supposed to be this entirely different guy. I don't feel different. I mean, take yesterday for example. We were out at the Olive Garden for dinner, which was lovely. And uh, I happen to look over at a certain point during the meal and see a waitress taking an order, and I found myself wondering what color her underpants might be. Her panties. Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think well maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong. Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about. You know, and uh, and I started feeling... what? what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not? "
-Old School

12. "Who the fuck cares? I'll dig the fuckin' hole. I don't give a fuck. What is it, the first hole I dug? Not the first time I dug a hole. I'll fuckin' dig a hole. Where are the shovels?"
-Goodfellas

13. "Maybe I'm spending too much of my time starting up clubs and putting on plays. I should probably be trying harder to score chicks. "
-Rushmore

14. "If I hear so much as a mouse fart in here the rest of the night I swear by God and sonny Jesus you will all visit the infirmary. Every last motherfucker in here"
-The Shawshank Redemption

15. "You know it's funny what a young man recollects? 'Cause I don't remember bein' born. I don't recall what I got for my first Christmas and I don't know when I went on my first outdoor picnic. But I do remember the first time I heard the sweetest voice in the wide world"
-Forrest Gump

16. "Stern, if this factory ever produces a shell that can actually be fired, I'll be very unhappy"
-Schindler's List

17. "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"
-Snatch

18. "Every day I come by your house and I pick you up. And we go out. We have a few drinks, and a few laughs, and it's great. But you know what the best part of my day is? For about ten seconds, from when I pull up to the curb and when I get to your door, 'cause I think, maybe I'll get up there and I'll knock on the door and you won't be there. No goodbye. No see you later. No nothing. You just left. I don't know much, but I know that."
-Good Will Hunting

19. "You're way too conservative for that girl. She's been around and seen things we've only read about in a book"
-Chasing Amy

20. "We're gonna need a bigger boat"
-Jaws

21. "It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing and there's this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. And this bag was, like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in. "
-American Beauty

22. "Am I supposed to be a man, am I supposed to say, it's OK, I don't mind. I don't mind. Well I mind! I mind big time? And you know what the worst part is? I NEVER LEARNED TO READ"
- Wayne's World

23. "Listen kid, I'm not gonna bullshit you, all right? I don't give a good fuck what you know, or don't know, but I'm gonna torture you anyway, regardless. Not to get information. It's amusing, to me, to torture a cop. You can say anything you want cause I've heard it all before. All you can do is pray for a quick death, which you ain't gonna get."
-Reservoir Dogs

24. "He better be worth it. He better go home and cure a disease, or invent a longer-lasting light bulb"
- Saving Private Ryan

25. "I think we make a real sharp couple of coconuts - I'm dumb, you're shy, whaddaya think, huh?"
- Rocky

26. "Whoa. Y'all take a chill. You got to cool that shit off. And that's the double-truth, Ruth. "
- Do The Right Thing

27. "Well you figure, you sleep one-third of your life, that knocks out eight years of marriage right there. So you're, y'know, down to 16 in change. You know you're just a teenager, at marriage, you can drive it but there's still the occasional accident"
- Lost in Translation

28. "the truck drivers come in to eat greasy burgers and they kid you and you kid them back, but they're stupid and dumb, boys with big tattoos all over 'em, and you don't like it... And they ask you for dates and sometimes you go... but you mostly don't, and all they ever try is to get into your pants whether you want to or not... and you go home and sit in your room and think, when and how will I ever get away from this?... And now you know."
Bonnie & Clyde

29. "I guess you think you're... you know, like an authority figure, with that stupid fuckin' uniform, huh buddy? King clip-on-tie there, big fuckin' man, huh? You know these are the limits of your life, man. The rule of your little fuckin' gate here. Here's your four dollars, you pathetic piece of shit. "
- Fargo

30. "I am a star. I'm a star, I'm a star, I'm a star. I am a big, bright, shining star. That's right"
- Boogie Nights

1 comments:

What's going on here!? said...

Mr.Moon,

Let me tell you how much I love Back to the Future and all of the wonderful and amazing quotes from that movie. Also, Jaws, and Jurassic park have to be among my top 5! Love them. Great post I love the list and all the different and AMAZING quotes you've put here!

 


Templates Novo Blogger 2008