Man On The Moon

Welcome to the blog about a day in the life of a film student!

"And That's The Truth, Ruth!"

Saturday, February 7, 2009

My Favorite Filmmakers

Being a film student and in the middle of essay crunch time, two separate essays I'm currently working on are both focused on my favorite filmmaker of all time, Martin Scorsese. All of my recent research and writing has reaffirmed my love for this man and everything he creates and made me think of the people responsible for my love of film. In three years taking film classes this is the first time I've had a chance to study Scorsese so even though it sucks to have to write essays, the usual stress isn't on since I love learning about him and his movies. So other than Scorsese, here are my five favorite filmmakers:

5. Francis Ford Coppola

Favorite Movies by Coppola:

The Godfather
(1972)
The Godfather II (1974)
Apocalypse Now (1979)




4. Steven Spielberg

Favorite Movies by Spielberg:

Jaws (1975)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Jurassic Park (1993)




3. Wes Anderson

Favorite Movies by Anderson:

Rushmore (1998)
The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)
The Life Aquatic (2004)


2. Kevin Smith

Favorite Movies by Smith:

Clerks (1994)
Chasing Amy (1997)
Dogma (1999)






1. Martin Scorsese

Favorite Movies by Scorsese:

Raging Bull (1980)
Goodfellas (1990)
The Departed (2006)





So there it is. Anyone else have a particular filmmaker they will be sure to see anything and everything made by them?

1 comments:

What's going on here!? said...

Love the list!! My favorite movies are: all Indiana Jones movies, All Jaws movies, and back to the future! On a side note and very random I really like all 80s Dance movies, they are so much fun to dance to!!

 


Templates Novo Blogger 2008