Man On The Moon

Welcome to the blog about a day in the life of a film student!

"And That's The Truth, Ruth!"

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Shine A Light

For my documentary film class I am writing a paper comparing two documentaries about The Rolling Stones: Gimme Shelter (1970) and Shine a Light (2008). Now you've heard me go on and on about Martin Scorsese, but Scorsese (director of Shine a Light) does an amazing job with this documentary. It is just so nicely put together. It has some great archival footage as well as some fun backstage stuff. For anyone that is a fan of the band I suggest you check this documentary out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...i miss my film studies days. :( Western has the best film courses!!

Bmastrom said...

haha yah actually this was for an MIT Class!

 


Templates Novo Blogger 2008