Man On The Moon

Welcome to the blog about a day in the life of a film student!

"And That's The Truth, Ruth!"

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Boring Ass Life - Why Kevin Smith Rules My World


I honestly have to say I think Kevin Smith is one of the best filmmakers of all time. I got his book "My Boring Ass Life - The Uncomfortably Candid Diary of Kevin Smith" for Christmas and it has been a great read. It is about 500 pages long and is a daily account of his life. It has great anecdotes and thoughts from him and as an aspiring writer it is really great to see the process he goes through to get a film made and even just what he does in his off time. Away from the book, I really enjoy Smith's movies. I especially like the universe he has created linking characters throughout all of his movies. His films are funny and sincere, just the sort of story's I want to tell. His movies are always extremely well written and have such great raw emotion in them that it has me really interested in the whole universe he has created. Anyone who hasn't heard of him should really check out Clerks and go from there! One of the great things about Smith is that he uses the internet as a resource to connect with his fans. On his message boards he posts regularly and keeps in contact with his fans. Anyone have a favorite Kevin Smith flick?

1 comments:

What's going on here!? said...

Hey THis has nothing to do with this post. But if you do want to play squash sometime let me know facebook me.. Laura Daniel UWO '11

 


Templates Novo Blogger 2008